2499 B1 Martin Rd.
Fairfield, CA 94534
Fax: (707) 425-7576
How to Create a Dial-Up Connection in Windows XP
1. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
2. Click the Network and Internet Connections icon.
3. Click the Set up or change your Internet connection icon.
4. Click the Setup button
5. Click the Next button.
6. Select Connect to the Internet.
7. Click the Next button.
8. Select Set up my connection manually.
9. Click the Next button.
10. Select Connect using a dial-up modem.
11. Click the Next button.
12. In the ISP Name field, type a name to identify your connection (ie. AztecaNet).
13. Click the Next button.
14. In the Phone number field, type your local access number exactly as it needs to be dialed.
Note: If you require 10-digit dialing in order to access a local number, make sure to include your area code.
15. Click the Next button.
16. In the User name field, type your email address.
17. In the Password field, type your password.
18. In the Confirm password field, type your password.
19. Uncheck the box next to Use this account name and password when anyone connects to the Internet from this computer.
20. Uncheck the box next to Make this the default Internet connection.
21. Uncheck the box next to Turn on Internet Connection Firewall for this connection.
22. Click the Next button.
23. Check the box next to Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop if you wish to have a shortcut to the connection on your desktop.
24. Click the Finish button.
You have successfully created a Dial-up Connection in Windows XP.